Thursday, January 1, 2009

Farewell 2008

Well, 2008 is over. I have to say that I'm glad, because it definitely was a year filled with challenges. Not all of them were bad -- in fact, some of them were wonderful, but I am looking to a bright and shiny new year. Looking back, here are some of the highlights of the outgoing year --


2008
Roses. Supervising, selling, sorting and delivering over 2500 roses for a Boy Scout Fundraiser on Valentines Day. (I sure had my fill of roses, but we made a lot of money for the Scout Troop.)

Family Vacations. A great family trip to Disneyland.

Scout Camp. Heading up a 3 day Boy Scout campout to Moab and riding the Gemini Bridges Trail (and not losing a single scout off the sheer drop-offs or out in the desert.)



Fine Dining. Meals al fresco on the patio.


Fun-Filled Family Reunions.
Camping in Flaming Gorge, fishing and river running on the Green River.



Staying in a condominium on the shores of Bear Lake.

Camping Trips.
Never enough time for camping, but we squeezed in a few great trips.
Antelope Island
Grand Tetons
Flaming Gorge
Mirror Lake

Fishing.

A Miraculous Recovery.
My 8 yr. old nephew, James, defying the doctors' predictions, recovered from a tragic accident. There was a guardian angel hanging around this little guy, that's for sure.

Fledgling Leaving the Nest for A Summer in Yellowstone.
My 15 yr. old son spent a wonderful and adventurous summer of hard work, camping and hiking in the backcountry of Yellowstone working with the Yellowstone Youth Conservation Corp.


Hangin' Out With Friends. Allie and Rusty had a great year visiting, hiking and playing with old friends and making new friends.

Zephyr, Zandy, Allie & Rusty
Rusty, Allie and Zandy
Zephyr, Allie & Zin

Adorable Zin!


Just Spending Time With Each Other.




Going to the Soldier Hollow Sheep Dog Trials.

A Historic Election Year.

Holiday Parties With Family and Friends.

I won't dwell on stock market plunges, family health problems or any of those things because they are now in the past. I'm going to finish this post to my blog, put on my shoes and take my dogs to the park. Farewell to 2008 -- Hello 2009!

3 comments:

Samantha ~ Holly and Zac ~ said...

Happy new year to you and your family.

That was a great post, the year in review is a really good idea. I am very glad that your Nephew is ok.

Rockstar and Kipp said...

Happy New Year!!! I loved your 2008 in review. Fantastic pictures. I love the camping ones....and I can't wait to do some more camping in 2009 as well! :)

Sandra Winchester said...

Great re-cap of 2008 Deb... Here's to 2009...I am sure there will be many great memories!