Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Life Through a Peeky Hole

There is an alley behind my house. It doesn't get used a lot, in fact, it isn't really even paved. But sometimes people walk their dogs and the kids in neighborhood ride their bikes back there. One of my neighbors came over to tell me that lately Rusty had been greeting people through a hole in my fence.

I've known that we needed to fix the fence back there, but the foliage is pretty thick and I hadn't really seen the fence for a while, so I decided I'd better check out the "peeky hole". Tonight I put the dogs into the back yard and took a little stroll around the block so I could enter the alley and check the fence. Can you spot the doggie?

It's actually a pretty darn big "peeky hole" and the weight of the grapevine has collapsed a section of the fence, so I guess we'll be hauling in some new dog-earred cedar slats to fix it up. I actually hate to totally close off his view entirely, so I'll probably make sure we leave a little spot for him to stick his nose out.

Allie doesn't like sticking her head out of the hole and she barked and howled her fool head off at me when I was talking to her through fence. Silly dog.














(She does like popcicles, though.) :)

No comments: